Midwest Hooligans is a Semi Professional Soccer team that plays in the UPSL in Evansville, Indiana. The team was founded in 2020 and started playing in the UPSL in 2022. In our UPSL division, we play teams such as St. Louis City, Tennessee Tempo FC, and Bowling Green FC along with the chance to qualify to the US Open Cup. Going into our 3rd season, we are looking to expand and grow our operations.
The Marketing Manager is a key position for the Midwest Hooligans, being a grassroots club.
The role is responsible for leading the planning and implementation of the club's marketing strategy, including brand identity and awareness, digital marketing platforms, and advertising campaigns. The role will also be responsible for generating new ideas to elevate the club's sponsorships, partnerships and ticket sales. The Marketing Manager will report to the Director of Operations and/or Director of Community Outreach. This internship is only available to college students who are looking for UNPAID COLLEGE CREDIT.
Below is a description of the internship:
• Must be for college credit (unpaid)
• Developing marketing plans aligned with the club's objectives and target audience.
• Ensure brand consistency across all areas.
• Assist in getting sponsorships for the 2024 season
• Collaborate with the PR team to manage media relations, handle crisis communication, and generate positive media coverage.
• Develop initiatives to enhance fan engagement and loyalty.
• Maintain fan relations through excellent customer service
• Identify and cultivate sponsorship opportunities with corporate partners and local businesses.
• Develop strategies and manage merchandise sales through ecommerce, as well as onsite at games and events.
• Plan and implement advertising campaigns, both traditional and digital, to raise awareness and attract fans to matches.
• Assist other staff members as requested and needed to meet organization's goals.
• Able to work extended hours including games and events in the evening and on weekends.
The GAMES start in March but the Marketing Starts ASAP.
• Develop initiatives to enhance fan engagement and loyalty. This may involve organizing fan events, competitions, fan clubs, and fan feedback mechanisms to ensure a positive fan experience.