Social Media Intern
The Midwest Hooligans are seeking a qualified individual to join the team as a Social Media Intern for the 2024 season. This position is an internship providing hands-on experience in Semi Professional Sports. The social media interns will work closely with the marketing, photographers, and video production teams and should be available for all home games(5). Travel to away games is not required, but requested (away games consist of day trips. We will never stay the night. The situation may change for the post season National Tournament, along with any additional events assigned throughout the season). The social media interns will report directly to the Director of Marketing. This internship program runs from February to June. All interns must be available for each home game (5), along with any additional events assigned throughout the season. This internship is only available to college students who are looking for UNPAID COLLEGE CREDIT.
• Plan, create, and execute content for social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) during Hooligans games by taking photos, video, and more.
• Work with other social media interns and Marketing team to create a content calendar for all social platforms and then execute and analyze that plan
• Assist with creating new and creative graphics, and other multimedia content for use on our digital and social platforms
• Share content in game and out of game as it related to the content calendar and beyond to showcase the Midwest Hooligans Organization.
• Assist in taking player and coach headshots and editing and uploading them to dropbox
• Assist with photo and video uploading and organization
• Help promote upcoming games and events on digital and social platforms
• Attend player/mascot/organization appearances in the community and take the lead in gathering social content at these events
• Assist with stadium set-up and clean up, both before and after the season and individual games
• All other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Must be a current college student (undergraduate or graduate)
• Requires ability to work flexible schedule including nights and weekends
• Have an enthusiastic, positive attitude and provide a strong effort to succeed
• Must be a creative thinker and do well in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to problem solve
• Must have knowledge of the flow of a soccer game
• Comfortable interacting with all levels within organization as well as outside contacts
• Strong time management and attention to details
• Familiar with Microsoft Office and possess excellent written and oral communication skills
• Cooperation, responsiveness, dependability, and proper attitude in dealing with others including co-workers and customers